Turkey Quinoa Chilli
Credit: Adapted from Quinoa Chilli
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 red or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots
- 1 lbs extra lean ground turkey
- 1 TBS Garlic Powder
- 1 oz can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa (about 1/2 cup dry quinoa)
- 2 TBS Chili Powder
- 1 TBS Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 TBS Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 (15 oz) can Great Northern Beans drained
- ¼ cup chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 cup cooked green lentils
- 1TB Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion, pepper and carrot until almost tender.
- Add ground turkey and cook until almost all pink is gone.
- Add all remaining ingredients except cilantro and cheese.
- Heat until all ingredients are warmed through. Then add cilantro and Mozzarella cheese.
- Serve with other items such as guacamole, plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) etc.
Macros Per Serving: Calories: 355 Protein:26g Fat: 11g Carb: 39g