Turkey Chickpea Bowl
A light balanced salad bowl with middle eastern flavors, perfect for lunch or on the go. If you are a macronutrient counter, this will keep you pretty well balanced. If you need a bit more nutrient dense lunch, add over salad greens or serve with naan Bread, quinoa, etc.
- 4 ounces turkey Loin (cooked ahead of time) roughly chopped
- 3 mini bell peppers, roughly chopped
- cucumber chopped (I used about 2-3 inches of a cucumber)
- 1/4 cup garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 TBS baba ganoush (prepared ahead of time) or hummus
- Place chopped turkey, chickpeas and baba ganoush in a bowl or skillet and heat until warm if cooked ahead of time.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
Calories: 250 Protein: 33G Carb: 9G Fat: 3G
Note: this is amazing served by itself and is very well balanced for macronutrients. If out need a few more calories for this meal, serve or salad greens or with naan bread. Can be packed up in a mason jar or other container for an easy lunch at work or on the go.