Game Time Sloppy Joe Dip
The perfect appetizer for entertaining, game time or potluck get together. A savory sloppy joe mix that goes great with crackers or chips for dipping.
- 1 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 can diced garlic roasted tomatoes
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 TBS chili powder
- 1/2 TBS ground mustard
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium high heat, drizzle pan with a bit of olive oil. Add meat to pan, stir and cook until no longer pink. Remove from pan, set aside for now.
- Add 1/2 TBS olive oil back to pan and add in chopped celery, onion and peppers. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Add back in meat, carrots and zucchini. Stir to combine. Add in remaining ingredients and let all ingredients simmer on low for 5 minutes.
- Serve as an appetizer with chips, nut thins, crackers etc. Also amazing served as a traditional sloppy joe sandwich.