Pineapple Lime Pork Fried Rice
A fresh, light, sweet and salty dinner that can be prepared in under 45 minutes if you have already cooked pork or meat. Meat could easily be omitted for a vegetarian option. For a gluten-free option, double-check that your tamari and chili paste are gluten free
- 1/2 cup dry texmati rice
- 1 cup water (for rice)
- 1 TBSP gluten-free tamari
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- 1 cup chopped pulled pork shoulder ( I had leftover from another meal)
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 lime, will use zest and juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 6 mini red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli slaw, shopped
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile….Chop onion, red pepper, broccoli slaw and pineapple into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and swirl oil of your choice around the pan. Add red peppers, onion, edamame and broccoli slaw and sauté for about 5 minutes or until the veggies start to soften.
- Add pineapple and pulled pork. Heat until pork is warmed. Turn heat to low.
- Once rice is finished cooking, add to skillet with veggies and pork. Add chill paste, tamari and cilantro. Zest half of a lime and add the juice from the lime to taste. Mix well and serve.
Macro Breakdown for 1 serving: Calories: 360 Protein: 22G Carb: 32G Fat: 11G