Pesto Zucchini and Tomato Frittata
- 1/2 zucchini spiralized or leftover zoodles
- 1 tsp pesto sauce
- 1/4 chopped red pepper
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- Deli ham or turkey, chopped
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat broiler.
- In a medium sized skillet over medium/high heat, spray skillet with non stick spray.
- Add in spiralized zucchini noodles or chopped up zucchini and any leftover veggies you may have laying around. Saute for about 2 minutes until veggies start to soften. Add in chopped ham or turkey and pesto.
- Spray the sides of the skillet with nonstick spray, and add egg and egg whites to the skillet. Let cook for about 2 minutes. Top with shredded cheese of your choice.
- Remove skillet from cooktop and add to the oven under the broiler. Your skillet should be only a few inches away from your broiler. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the egg top is just starting to get golden brown.
- Don’t leave eggs unattended while under they broiler, they cook fast and can burn easily. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.