Fajita Pepper Rings
- 1lbs 99% fat free ground turkey
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 TBS fajita seasoning
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 lime
- 2 red peppers, sliced into rings
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a medium sized pan over medium high heat, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to pan. Add in the chopped red onion and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add in meat, and cook until no longer pink.
- Now add tomatoes, cooked quinoa, fajita seasoning, cheese and cilantro. Stir to combine. Add cilantro before adding meat mixture to peppers.
- Add tinfoil to a cooking sheet and spray with a non-stick spray. Spread peppers out evenly on cooking sheet. Add meat mixture to the middle of the peppers. Top with extra cheese if desired.
- Cook for about 15 minutes our until peppers just start to soften.
Serving Suggestions: These are amazing by themselves, but can also be added to a pita pocket. Don’t have any peppers? No problem.. try this same meat mixture added to zucchini boats. Zucchini boats can be made by slicing a zucchini lengthwise, cutting off each end at the tops. Now take a spoon and hollow out the middle along the entire zucchini, leaving only a thin layer of zucchini flesh on the skin of the zucchini. Chop up the middle of the zucchini that you just removed and add to the meat mixture. Scoop meat mixture into hollowed out zucchini and cook the same as you would the pepper rings.