A healthier and heartier version of an eggroll. Full of flavor but lower calorie meal, perfect for meal prep.
Yields 4 servings
Eggroll In A Bowl
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- - 1 lbs ground bison, pork, turkey or chicken
- - 1/2 of small head of green cabbage, sliced thinly
- - 1/2 of a small head of red cabbage, sliced thinly
- - 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- - 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- - 2-3 leaves of chard, chopped small
- - 1 TBS garlic powder
- - 2 TBSP soy sauce (tamari or liquid aminos for gluten free option)
- - 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- - 1 TBSP ginger paste or 1 tsp ground ginger
- - 3 stalks of green onions - chopped
- - 2 TBSP avocado or coconut oil for browning meat, 1 TBSP avocado oil for cooking vegetables
- - Optional: Sesame seeds for seasoning
- In a large and deep skillet, brown meat over medium high heat with avocado oil. Season meat with garlic powder. Remove from skillet when cooked and set aside.
- Add cabbage , avocado oil and peppers. Stir and continue cooking for about 4 minutes until cabbage has softened. Add carrots, chard, ginger, green onions, rice vinegar and soy sauce.
- Serve as is or serve over pad thai noodles, rice or quinoa for a heartier meal.