Crockpot BBQ Bison Roast
- CROCKPOT ROAST
- 2 lbs bison roast (could use pork shoulder roast also)
- 2 TBS garlic powder
- 1 TBS chili powder
- salt to season FOR SERVING
- BBQ Sauce of choice
- Raw broccoli slaw – Roasted garlic cauliflower mash (Birds Eye also makes a roasted garlic cauliflower mash in the frozen food section that can be substituted if time is an issue.)
- Add meat to crockpot, season with garlic powder, chili powder and salt. Cover and cook on high for about 4-6 hours. You will know your roast is finished cooking when you can easily shred the meat with a fork.
- Once roast has finished cooking, shred meat with two forks. Add BBQ sauce of choice to roast meat until it has reached your desired consistency.
- While waiting to roast to cook, prepare roasted cauliflower garlic mash.
- Serve roast over cauliflower mash and broccoli slaw.