Bison Taco Bowl
A quick make ahead meat mixture that can be used for multiple different types of meals and freezes and stores well. I made the recipe below in about 30-45 minutes and will last my family for 2-3 meals. Four our round one meal we had Taco Bowls on the go (pictured below). For round two, my kids had taco wraps in the car on the way to soccer and gymnastics practice. Round three will be for Zucchini Boats for my husband and I, and Quesadillas for my kids. This mixture is very versatile and can be customized to fit your macro needs very easily.
- 16 oz 90% Ground Bison
- 16 oz 99% Ground Turkey
- 1 can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 2 TBSP Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a medium sized skillet, swirl oil around pan. Add Bison and Turkey to pan and cook until no longer pink.
- Add homemade taco seasoning, can of tomatoes, cilantro. Mix well.
- Add mixture to a bowl with whatever veggies you have on hand (peppers, onions, spinach) and what ever grain or carb you choose (quinoa, rice, crushed corn chips, etc). If you prefer to have a taco wrap, add meat mixture with veggies to a wrap.