Skip to content
Eggroll in a bowl
- 1 lbs ground Bison, Pork, Turkey or Chicken
- 1/2 of small head of cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/4 of a small head of red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 TBS soy sauce (tamari for Gluten Free)
- 2 TBS pure maple syrup (real maple syrup)
- 1 TBS ginger paste
- 1 tsp lemongrass paste
- 2 TBS cilantro – chopped
- 2 stalks of green onions – chopped
- In a large and deep skillet, brown meat over medium high heat. While waiting for meat to brown, combine soy sauce, ginger paste, garlic lemongrass paste and syrup in a small bowl; set aside.
- Once meat is no longer pink in the middle, add sauce mixture and stir.
- Add cabbage and onions to meat mixture. Stir and continue cooking for about 4 minutes until cabbage has softened. Add carrots and stir.
- Serve as is or serve over pad thai noodles, rice, quinoa etc for a heartier meal.