Quick Hawaiian Chicken and Veggies
A quick low carb flavorful meal. Great for a quick dinner and also reheats well if you are using this recipe to meal prep for upcoming lunches to bring to work.
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1 head of baby bok choy, chopped
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 TBS cornstarch
- 1/2 pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 – 1 cup chicken broth
- Start by adding a bit of olive oil to a medium sized skillet. Heat over medium high heat, add onion and peppers. Saute in pan until veggies start to get soft, add in bok choy.
- Continue to cook for 2-5 minutes until bok choy softens. Remove veggies from skillet and add chopped chicken to the skillet. Stir chicken and cook over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Next, add in BBQ sauce, broth and all veggies. Simmer on medium low heat for 5 minutes. Remove 1/2 cup of the liquid in the skillet and add cornstarch to this liquid. Stir cornstarch mixture until clumps disappear, add this mixture back to the skillet and combine. Stir until thickened. Add in chopped pineapple before serving all over noodles.