Italian Pesto Stuffed Peppers
- 1 lbs 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 tsp pesto sauce
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 TBS Garlic powder
- 1 TBS Mrs. Dash italian seasoning
- 4 Peppers with stems and tops removed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry texmati rice (additional water for cooking)
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- While waiting for rice to cook, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute ground meet in a medium sized skillet sprayed with non stick spray.
- When most of the pink of the meat has been cooked, add in italian seasoning, garlic powder, tomatoes and spinach. Stir to combine.
- When spinach has wilted, add in both kinds of cheese and cooked rice.
- Spray a baking dish with non stick spray, add pepper to dish with open sides facing up.
- When meat has been cooked through, add to each of the four peppers. Add 1/4 cup of water to the bottom of the baking dish. Baked for about 25 minutes.
Note: This recipe is perfect for a make ahead meal for cooking at another time. Instead of cooking in the oven, cover baking dish and place in fridge for cooking later. When cooking later, be sure to bring the baking dish and peppers to room temperature before adding to the oven.