No Bake Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
The perfect snack for kids to make and enjoy themselves. Get creative and add in ingredients to personalize these to your taste. Add in something such as raisins, cranberries, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, freeze dried fruits, etc. Need more protein for a mid morning snack… try adding in a scoop of protein powder.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup crushed honey nut chex
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate mini chips
- 1/3 cup honey
- In a small bowl, combine almond butter and honey. Melt in microwave for 20 seconds. Add remaining ingredients to almond butter and honey mix.
- Line a plate or cookie sheet that can fit in your freezer with parchment paper.
- Use a Tablespoon to scoop and form bites about 1 inch in size and place on parchment paper.
- Freeze for about 1 hour. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days