Teriyaki Orange Glazed Salmon
A perfectly sweet and savory glazed salmon, plated next to grilled peppers, broccoli and tomatillos for a perfect pairing. If your not a fan of teriyaki, skip the sauce and prepare as follows without the sauce.
- 2lbs Atlantic Salmon
- 1/2 cup homemade teriyaki orange sauce prepared ahead of time
- 3-4 tomatillos, quartered
- 2 red bell peppers, rough chopped
- 2 heads of broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 TBS chili powder
- salt and oil to taste
- Start charcoal or grill. Heat should be able to maintain around 300 – 325 degrees.
- Season salmon with chili powder and let the meat sit at room temperature until the grill is prepared.
- Season peppers, broccoli and tomatillos to taste with salt and extra virgin olive oil, combine peppers and tomatillos together. Please on grill safe pan or on tinfoil sheet and add broccoli to a separate grill safe pan.
- When grill is ready, add broccoli pan to grill and allow to cook 5-10 minutes before adding other foods. Next, Add tin foil sheet with tomatillos and peppers to the grill.
- Mix veggies around every few minutes until veggies are at desired softness.
- While waiting for veggies, oil grill grates and place salmon on grill.
- Cover grill and cook for about 5 minutes. The fish I used still had skin on at this point so I removed the fish from the skin with a grill spatula and transferred the fish to a tin foil sheet on the grill where the salmon continued to cook for about 5-8 more minutes.
- During the last minute or two of cooking salmon, drizzle salmon with Teriyaki Orange Sauce while on the grill. Allow the fish to sit on the grill with sauce on to heat the sauce through.
- Remove veggies and salmon from the grill and enjoy!