Hawaiian Chicken Bowl
A fruity, light, hawaiian style lunch or dinner that can conveniently be made in a crockpot.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (about 5)
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce with minimal ingredients
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 bundle of asparagus, chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- salt to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Turn crockpot to low heat setting.
- Add chicken breast to bottom of crockpot and cover with BBQ Sauce. I like to use Stubb’s Sticky Sweet.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2-3 hours. (Time varies by crockpot)
- When chicken is about 45 minutes from being done, peel and chop sweet potatoes. Chop asparagus to bite size pieces and arrange both veggies on a cookie sheet.
- Drizzle veggies with olive oil and garlic powder. Season with salt to taste. Cook at 425 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked through, turn off slow cooker and remove chicken and shred with two forks. Add chopped pineapple to chicken mixture along with lime zest and cilantro.
- Serve over cooked sweet potatoes and asparagus.
Note: Stubb’s has gluten free ingredients!