Maple Pumpkin Black Bean Brownie Bites
I have always wanted to try a recipe for black bean brownies but was afraid that there would be a distinguishable bean taste. After some Pinterest browsing I found a recipe to adapt to my families taste. My kids despise beans, but didn’t have a clue that beans were in my recipe. They ate these right up!
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained (about 3/4 cups)
- 2 TBS pumpkin puree
- 4 TBS pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 TBS cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin tin with non stick spray.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor or blender until well combined. – Next add all the remaining ingredients except chocolate chips into food processor and blend. Before adding mix to muffin tin, add in chocolate chips and stir.
- Fill mini muffin tins about 3/4 full and cook about 16-18 minutes.
- Let cool 3 minutes.
Note: You can easily make this a vegan recipe my using a flax egg instead of traditional egg.
Macro Breakdown per mini muffin: Calories: 50 Protein:1G Carb:9G Fat: 1G