Cilantro Parmesan Lentil Burger
We are always on the hunt for meatless meals to add to our menu for the week. If you are trying to make this a vegan meal you could replace the egg with a “flax egg”. This was a great option, we served with Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup.
- 1/4 cup cooked green lentils, cooled
- 1/4 cup Private Selection Parmesan Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 egg and 1 egg white (can substitute flax egg for vegan option. 1 TBS flax seed and 3 TBS water mixed)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 1/2 TBS Garlic Powder
- 1/4 TBS Onion Powder
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix until combined.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat and spray with non stick spray.
- Divide lentil mixture into fourth and place in skillet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Flip and cook the other side for 2 minutes or cooked through. Makes 4 burgers or 2 servings.
Macro breakdown per serving: Calories: 165 Protein: 13g Carb: 21g Fat: 3g