Sweet Potato Shepards Pie
Easy, Clean, Healthy Comfort food
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes – peeled and diced
- 1 lbs Ground Meat (Ground Turkey, Ground Bison, Ground Chicken)
- 1 bag of frozen Cascadian Farms mixed vegetables
- 1/2 of medium-sized sweet onion – chopped
- 2 stalks of celery – diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 TB chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 TB ketchup or tomato paste
- 4 TB low sodium organic chicken broth
- 1TB oat flour
- 4TB Almond milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place peeled and diced sweet potatoes on cookie sheet and drizzle with EVOO and season to taste. Bake approximately 25 minutes or until soft. Then lower temp to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, brown ground meat in pan. Once no longer pink, remove meat from pan and set aside. Add diced sweet onion and celery to pan, sauce until translucent. Add garlic into pan and sauce for 30-60 seconds, Add cooked meat back into pan with onion, celery and garlic. Add in mixed veggies, Chili powder, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup and stir to combine. Add flour and broth, combine. Add meat mixture to circle pie pan and set aside.
- When potatoes are done, transfer to mixing bowl. Once cooled slightly, add 4 TB almond milk and whip with mixer until semi-smooth. Spread potatoes on top of meat mixture. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until heated through. Broil under broiler to brown potatoes if desired.
Macros – 21 G protein – 30 G carbs – 7 G Fat – 267 calories per serving